New to talk-deck? Here’s a quick guide to the Talk-Deck playback screen…
A Talk-Deck replicates online the experience of watching a presenter deliver a presentation live, with the added benefit of precise interactivity that puts you in control of your viewing experience. A small video screen contains a video of the presenter delivering the presentation. A large slide screen displays the speaker support slides that accompanied the presenter. Interactive controls let you access any part of the presentation you want instantly: you can skip some parts, watch other parts again and again.
Here are the main features of the Talk-Deck Playback screen.
- Start/Stop a Talk-Deck by pressing the “Play Video” button. The presenter (video) stays perfectly synchronized to the presenter’s slides, just like in a live presentation.
- Below the video screen is a list of “Slide and Section Titles”. Click on any slide title to go instantly to that slide and point in the presentation. Video and slides stay perfectly synchronized.
- Below the large current slide image is the “Mini-slide Bar”. This provides the same control as the slide list using images instead of text links. Click on any mini-slide to go instantly to that slide and point in the presentation.
- Below the Mini-slide Bar is a “Video Timeline” that will take you to any part of the presentation by time when you click on it.
- The bottom “Icon Bar” contains a number of icons that enable you to change screen configurations, provide sharing functions, and more. Roll over any icon to discover its function.
- Take your hand off the mouse for five seconds and see what happens. It’s like watching a presentation live. Enjoy
If you want to make your own Talk-Deck presentation, just go to talk-deck.com and press “Create a Talk-Deck”.
Here’s a pictorial guide to all the elements of the playback screen. View as is or click on the image to link to a full size PDF.