Information we collect
We collect information to provide:
- The profile information needed to setup your Personal or Corporate accounts
- The payment information required if you have elected to have a paid account
- Useage information so we can provide better functionality to all of our users.
We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us.
- When you sign up for a Personal account, all we require is your email address, user name and password. At your option you can provide us with more information. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we suggest you include your photo.
- When you sign up for a Corporate account, we ask for more detailed information. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we suggest you include your company logo. If you do not want to provide this additional information you should sign up for a Personal account.
- If you have elected to have a paid account, we ask you to input credit card payment information on our payment/order form. This information is not stored by us, it is only passed on to our payment gateway Authorize.net which verifies the information at time of transaction and then stores the information for later use on a recurring monthly basis to process monthly payments for your subscription.
Information we get from your use of our services.
We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, such as when you watch a presentation on Talk-Deck, or view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
When you use our services or view our content, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Account.
When you use Talk-Deck services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Talk-Deck with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Talk-Deck when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and similar technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Talk-Deck service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Talk-Deck features that may appear on other sites.
Information we collect when you are signed in to Talk-Deck may be associated with your Talk-Deck Account. When information is associated with your Talk-Deck Account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Talk-Deck and our users.
We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your Talk-Deck Account.
When you contact Talk-Deck, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your Talk-Deck Account by using the Talk-Deck Dashboard.
- Adjust how the Profile associated with your Talk-Deck Account appears to others.
- Control who you share information with through your Talk-Deck Account.
- You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Talk-Deck unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Talk-Deck when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With domain administrators
If your Talk-Deck Account is managed for you by a domain administrator (for example, for Talk-Deck Apps users) then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your Talk-Deck Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Talk-Deck if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Talk-Deck, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
- We work hard to protect Talk-Deck and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We offer you two step verification when you access your Talk-Deck Account, and a Safe Browsing feature in Talk-Deck Chrome.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Talk-Deck employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities